Madshus uses laces to provide the best, most customizable fit that does not loosen in use.
To achieve the best fit from your Madshus boots, try these lacing techniques.
- Increasing heel hold – Marathon lacing
If you have a narrow heel, this lacing can help hold your foot more securely in the heel of your boot.
On the top two webbing loops :
- lace straight up from one to the other instead of across
- Then lace across and through the loop that is formed
- Tie a regular knot at the top.
This loop creates a pulley-effect to create more heel hold.
- Different tightness in different places
Do you want to have low pressure on your forefoot and a snug fit in the midfoot and rearfoot?
- Lace the forefoot to the desired tension.
- Cross the laces twice.
- Continue lacing.
- Tension the midfoot to the desired tension. The forefoot tension should not change.
- Surfer’s Knob – High, Irritated point on top of instep
To avoid pressure on this spot, skip one crossing of the laces. Instead lace up from one webbing eyelet to the one directly above.